Friday, 26 July 2013

New to the blogging scene

Hey now, when did I become a blogger? Oh yeah, just a few minutes ago! Yay me. 


Here you are. Welcome to the world of YukonReddy Jewelry and Beads. I have been creating pretty things since middle school, and have given up on it many times. I had a semi-recent tragedy that sent me into my own little world, and out of that tragedy my little world has brought beauty! I am still more of a hermit than I would like, but my obsession is with creation. 

Up until a couple of years ago, I had never even tried anything other than tiger tail where wire was concerned. Then I had a fellow Pretty Things lover send me some stranded copper wire, and I was off! 

I had to research, and learn how to 
  • strip wire without marring it
  • what gauges work best together
  • how to wrap a simple weave
  • how to make a bail
  • what different wires contained, and that cheap silver wire isn't actually silver at all
all the while figuring out that wire does NOT react like thread. I think that this fact alone was the biggest learning curve for me.

Good night and god bless, from the frozen north!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! I'll put you on my blogroll chika!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JQ! I'm not sure how often I will post, but I think I will be giving it a good go :)

      Delete