"never show the backs"

I appreciate all of those well meaning people who tell me not to show the back of my work. I appreciate that they took the time to tell me something that they find very important. I will not be taking this advice though, and here are some reasons why:

  • I was once a beginner, and spent hours drooling over some absolutely amazing art, but could not for the life of me, no matter how many times I tried, figure out how to secure things on the back.
  • I strive to make things reversible, so technically there is no "back"
  • I only make OOAK items, so it does not bother me if someone imitates or even copies what I make. (It does bother me if someone takes something I made and try and pass it off as their own)
For me this whole process is all about the creation and the beauty, not the product and the business. This of course makes me an odd one out in the jewelry community, because I market, some.. but I am not here to sell things to you. I am here to create beautiful things and let my muse out. If you buy something, great.. more money to buy more things to create more beauty, and I hope that you will love it as much as I do, but if not, please enjoy what I create anyways!

Speaking of beautiful things, this is what I made recently.


Isn't it cool? That's the biggest woven panel I have done to date, and I am very proud of it! I had fully intended to make this reversible, but I was not as successful as I would have liked.

I am off, fighting with some brass! I wish it was copper, but of course I decided to use brass LOL

B

Comments